Royal Artillery Repository Exercises, 1844
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 15/16 x 18 inches (35.4 x 45.7 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 16 7/16 inches (30.2 x 41.8 cm), Image: 9 7/8 x 14 13/16 inches (25.1 x 37.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn & Engraved"; lower center: "Illustrations of the Army & Navy Register and Woolwich Gazette. | ROYAL ARTILLERY REPOSITORY EXERCISES, 1844. | And Monument to the Memory of the late Major General Sir Alexander Dickson, G.C.B."; lower right: "by John Grant."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | artillery | battle | battlements | cannons | drills | fields | fire | genre subject | hats | men | military uniforms | navy | practicing | royal | smoke | soldiers | square | tents | wagons | walls | war
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Grant, Died 1873, Royal Artillery Repository Exercises, 1844, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.