Royal Artillery Repository Exercises, 1844
- Part Of:
- Aquatint, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 15/16 x 18 inches (35.4 x 45.7 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 16 7/16 inches (30.2 x 41.8 cm), and Image: 9 7/8 x 14 13/16 inches (25.1 x 37.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn & Engraved"; lower center: "Illustrations of the Army & Navy Register and Woolwich Gazette. | ROYAL ARTILLERY REPOSITORY EXERCISES, 1844. | And Monument to the Memory of the late Major General Sir Alexander Dickson, G.C.B."; lower right: "by John Grant."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | artillery | battle | battlements | cannons | drills | fields | fire | genre subject | hats | men | military uniforms | navy | practicing | royal | smoke | soldiers | square | tents | wagons | walls | war
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Grant, Died 1873, Royal Artillery Repository Exercises, 1844, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.