- View of the Walton Bridge, Venus's Temple
- Engraving on thick, rough, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 17 7/8 × 23 5/8 inches (45.4 × 60 cm), Plate: 14 3/8 × 20 7/8 inches (36.5 × 53 cm), and Image: 13 1/16 × 20 inches (33.2 × 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite verso, lower left: "NT/-/-
Lettered, lower left: "W. Hannan pinx."; lettered, lower center: "A View of the Walton Bridge, Venus's Temple, &c. in the Garden of Sr. Francis Dashwood Bart. at West Wycombe in the County of Bucks | Veue du Pont, du Temple de Venus, &c. dans le Jardin du Chevalier Fr. Dashwood a West Wycomb dans la Comte de Bucks. |Printed for John Bowles & Son, at the Black Horse in Cornhill, J. Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard, Hen. Parker & Eliz. Bakewell in Cornhill, J. Boydell Engraver the Corner of Queen Street in Cheapside, & Robt. Sayer at the Golden Buck in Fleet Street."; lettered, lower right: W.Woollett sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Woollett, 1735–1785, British, View of the Walton Bridge, Venus's Temple, 1757
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.