- Colored aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 11 5/8 inches (40 x 29.6 cm), Plate: 13 3/4 x 10 3/8 inches (35 x 26.4 cm), and Image: 12 5/8 x 9 3/16 inches (32 x 23.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "E16932"
Lettered, lower left: "G. Head pinx.t"; lower center: "London, Published Nov.r 1st 1808, by WIlliam Holland No.11 Cockspur Street. | IRIS."; lower right: "Engraved by Freeman & Stadler."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | clouds | evening | fabric | floating | flying | jug | lake | landscape | light | mythological figures | nude | religious and mythological subject | river | sash | shore (landform) | sky | trees | vessel | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
Nancy L. Pressly, Guy Head and his Echo Flying from Narcissus: a British artist in Rome in the 1790's, Bulletin of the Detroit Institute of Arts, 60, Founders Society Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, p. 71, fig. 4, V 0224 (YCBA)