IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by unknown artist, Bacchus and Ariadne, 1855
Bacchus and Ariadne
- Chromolithograph on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on beige board
- Sheet: 18 3/4 × 18 1/2 inches (47.6 × 47 cm), Mount: 25 3/4 × 23 1/2 inches (65.4 × 59.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, upper left: "R.861"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | Bacchus finds Ariadne on Naxos | boy | building | child | cliff | cloud | dog | foliage | god | jug | light | man | path | pillar | reflection | religious and mythological subject | river | rock | satyr | sun | sunset | tree | vase | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.