- Aquatint with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 14 15/16 inches (26.8 x 38 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 11 7/8 inches (22.6 x 30.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 x 11 inches (20.3 x 28 cm), Image: 6 7/16 x 9 7/16 inches (16.3 x 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "38"
Lettered, lower center: "Barmouth, Merionethshire. | Drawn & Engraved by Will.m Daniell | Published by Messrs Longman & Co Paternoster Row & W. Darniell 9 Cleveland St Fitzroy Square, London, Dec.r 1, 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William Lamson Warren, Class of 1935
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | coastline | landscape | marine art | masts | mountains | ocean | sailing | sails | sea | seagulls | ships | town
- Associated Places:
- Barmouth | Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Barmouth, Merionethshire, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.