Samphire Rock, St. Agnes, Cornwall
- Black and white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown laid paper
- 7 × 10 5/8 inches (17.8 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "Samphire Rock. near St. Agnes Cornwall | W Daniell"
Collector's stamp of John Deffett Francis, embossed, lower left: "J. D. E."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "WD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William Lamson Warren, Class of 1935
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | cliffs | landscape | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | sea
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | Europe | Saint Agnes | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Samphire Rock, St. Agnes, Cornwall, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.