The Right Honorable Elizabeth, Countess of Northumberland
- Former Title(s):
Countess of Northumberland
- Additional Title(s):
The Right Honble. Elizabeth Countess of Northumberland
- between 1681 and 1685
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 13 7/16 x 9 7/8 inches (34.1 x 25.1 cm) and Image: 12 9/16 x 9 3/4 inches (31.9 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left, very faint: "908674 (encircled) | 2067"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "P. Lely Eques pinxit."; lower center: "The Right Honble. Elizabeth Countess of Northumberland"; lower right: "Sold by Alex Brown at ye blen balcony in little Queen Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buckle | costume | countess | curls | dress | gown | nobility | portrait | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Wriothesley, Elizabeth (1646-1690), countess of Northumberland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alexander Browne, active 1659–1706, British, The Right Honorable Elizabeth, Countess of Northumberland, between 1681 and 1685
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.