Domestick Employment Ironing
- ca. 1769
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 15 3/4 x 11 1/8 inches (40 x 28.3 cm), 13 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (35.3 x 25.1 cm), and 12 3/16 x 9 13/16 inches (31 x 25 cm)
Indecipherable inscriptions in graphite, on back, lower right
Impression, lower left: star surrounded by rays of light
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Heny. Moreland pinxt."; lower center: "Domestick Employment Ironing."; lower right: "P. Daws fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | chair | clothing | costume | domestic | flowers (motifs) | genre subject | gown | interior | ironing | ironing board | labor | maid | mob cap | pattern (design element) | ruffles | shawl | woman | worker | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Dawe, ca.1745–ca.1809, British, Domestick Employment Ironing, ca. 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.