Domestick Employment Ironing
- ca. 1769
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 11 1/8 inches (40 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (35.3 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 3/16 x 9 13/16 inches (31 x 25 cm)
Indecipherable inscriptions in graphite, on back, lower right
Impression, lower left: star surrounded by rays of light
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Heny. Moreland pinxt."; lower center: "Domestick Employment Ironing."; lower right: "P. Daws fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | chair | clothing | costume | domestic | flowers (motifs) | genre subject | gown | interior | ironing | ironing board | labor | maid | mob cap | pattern (design element) | ruffles | shawl | woman | worker | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Dawe, ca.1745–ca.1809, British, Domestick Employment Ironing, ca. 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.