- Lady's Maid Soaping Linen
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 13/16 x 9 13/16 inches (35.1 x 24.9 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 9 3/4 inches (31.5 x 24.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Hen. Morland pinxt,, | LONDON : Published as the Act directs, Octr. 2st. 1769."; lower center: "Carrington Bowles excudit. | Ladys Maid Soaping Linnen."; lower right: "Phil Dawe fecit | Printed for CARINGTON BOWLES, No. 69 in St. Pauls Church Yard."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- choker | cleaning | cloth | costume | domestic | flowers (plants) | genre subject | gown | interior | linen (material) | maid | mob cap | pattern (design element) | ruffles | soap | washbowl | washing | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Dawe, ca.1745–ca.1809, British, Lady's Maid Soaping Linen, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.