The Unlucky Boy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 × 14 inches (51 × 35.6 cm), Image: 18 7/16 × 14 inches (46.8 × 35.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Heny. Moreland Pinxt,,"; lower center: "The Unlucky Boy | Published as the Act directs, Septemr. the 1st. 1772, by ROBT. SAYER, No. 53 in Fleet Street, LONDON."; lower right: "Philip Dawe fecit. | Price 5."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | candle | chiaroscuro | children | coat | costume | dark | feather | genre subject | gesture | girl | gown | laughing | light | playing | ruffles | seamstress | sewing machine | shadow | sleeping | smiling | tickling | tricking | work table
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Dawe, ca.1745–ca.1809, British, The Unlucky Boy, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.