The Unlucky Boy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 20 1/16 x 14 inches (51 x 35.6 cm) and Image: 18 7/16 x 14 inches (46.8 x 35.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Heny. Moreland Pinxt,,"; lower center: "The Unlucky Boy | Published as the Act directs, Septemr. the 1st. 1772, by ROBT. SAYER, No. 53 in Fleet Street, LONDON."; lower right: "Philip Dawe fecit. | Price 5."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | candle | chiaroscuro | children | coat | costume | feather | genre subject | gesture | girl | gown | light | ruffles | seamstress | shadow | work table
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Dawe, ca.1745–ca.1809, British, The Unlucky Boy, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.