John Hamilton Mortimer, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
John Hamilton Mortimer Esqr.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 17 15/16 x 12 7/8 inches (45.5 x 32.7 cm) and Image: 16 x 12 7/8 inches (40.6 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Sall(?) | 2411 (underlined) | R/R/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J: H: Mortimer pinxit."; lower center: "John Hamilton Mortimer Esqr: | Publish'd August 18th: 1779, by Mr: Ireland, Maiden Lane, Covent Garden."; lower right: "Engrav'd by V: Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty, & the Elector Palatine."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | easel | man | paintbrushes | painting (visual work) | palette | portrait
- Associated People:
- Mortimer, John Hamilton (1740–1779), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, John Hamilton Mortimer, Esq, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.