An Aga of the Janizaries
- Additional Title(s):
An Aga of the Janissaries
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper, laid on mount
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 12 11/16 inches (40.3 x 32.3 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 x 11 15/16 inches (37.9 x 30.4 cm), Image: 13 5/16 x 10 7/8 inches (33.8 x 27.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "Drawn by Mortimer."; lower center: "Published as the Act directs, Augt. 9th. 1779. by R. Blyth."; along lower right border of oval image: "Etched by R. Blyth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aga | beard | commander | costume | fez | infantry | janissaries | man | moustache | Ottoman | oval | portrait | profile (figure) | turban
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Blyth, 1750–1784, An Aga of the Janizaries, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.