- The Assault
- between 1838 and 1850
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 6 5/16 x 8 1/8 inches (16 x 20.6 cm), Plate: 5 1/4 x 7 1/16 inches (13.4 x 17.9 cm), and Image: 4 5/16 x 6 5/16 inches (11 x 16 cm)
Lettered, etched in black ink, lower left under image: "JOHN BELL"; lower center under image: "THE ASSAULT"; lower right under image: "ETCH : CLUB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | arrows | battle | bows | Christian | crosses | death | fighting | helmets | Islamic (Muslim) | killing | moons | religious and mythological subject | shields | spears | stones | swords | tunics | turbans | wall | war
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Bell, 1811–1895, British, The Assault, between 1838 and 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.