- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 x 21 1/4 inches (38.3 x 54 cm), Plate: 12 x 15 7/8 inches (30.5 x 40.3 cm), and Image: 10 3/4 x 14 15/16 inches (27.3 x 38 cm)
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, upper left: "8"; lower left: "P. Monamy pinxt, | Noon."; lower center: "Published according to Act of Parliament 21 Febry 1745-6 | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse, Cornhill."; lower right: "Canat Sculp. | Midi."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches (trousers) | canoes | castle | coast | coats | dock | flags | fort | galleons | genre subject | gesture | hats | labor | marine art | masts | men | men-of-war | mountains | navy | noon | oars | pier | pointing | poles | ropes | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | sails | sea | seamen | ships | shore (landform) | stairs | sun | sunlight | talking | workers | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Pierre Charles Canot, ca. 1710–1777, French, active in Britain, Noon, 1745
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.