- A Strong Gale or Squall
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 15 7/8 inches (30.8 x 40.3 cm) and Image: 10 9/16 x 14 13/16 inches (26.8 x 37.7 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper left: "3"; lower left: "P. Monamy Pinxt. | A Strong Gale or Squall | From a Painting in the Collection of Alexander Stuart Esqr."; lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliamt 21 Feb. 1745-6 | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill." lower right: "Canot Sculpt. | Vent Fort ou Raflais"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | flags | galleons | marine art | masts | men-of-war | navy | sails | sea | ships | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Pierre Charles Canot, ca. 1710–1777, French, active in Britain, A Strong Gale or Squall, 1745
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.