- Additional Title(s):
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 11 7/8 x 15 7/8 inches (30.2 x 40.4 cm) and Image: 10 9/16 x 15 1/16 inches (26.9 x 38.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "5"; lower left: "P. Monamy Pinxt. | Shipwrack."; lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliamt. Feby. 21. 1745/6 | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill."; lower right: "Canot Sculpt. | Naufrage"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | flags | galleons | lightning | marine art | masts | men | men-of-war | meteorology | navy | sailboats | sails | science | seamen | ships | shipwreck | sky | storm | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Eleanor Hughes, Spreading Canvas : Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, pp. 94, 95, 168-69, cat. 35, fig. 73 and no. 35, ND 1373.G74 S67 2016 (YCBA)