- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid on mount
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 10 3/16 inches (31.1 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 11 1/8 x 9 1/8 inches (28.3 x 23.1 cm), and Image: 10 3/16 x 8 1/16 inches (25.8 x 20.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "In the Posession of Mr,, Carter, Painter."; along lower left border of oval image: "Drawn by J. H. Mortimer."; lower center: "Belisarius."; along lower right border of oval image: "Etch'd by R Blyth."; lower right: "Publish'd as the Act directs, Feby 20th,, 1780, by R. Blyth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | Byzantine | general | man | moustache | oval | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Flavius Belisarius (ca. AD 500–AD 565), general of the Byzantine Empire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.