Richard III, King of England
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 23 15/16 × 17 3/16 inches (60.8 × 43.7 cm), Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 11 1/2 × 7 9/16 inches (29.2 × 19.2 cm), and Image: 10 15/16 × 7 1/16 inches (27.8 × 17.9 cm)
Watermark: "J Whatman | 1842"
Lettered, lower left: "From an Antien Original Painting on Board at Kensington Palace."; lettered, lower right: "G. Vertue del. & Sculp."; lettered, upper center: "Richard ye III K. of ENGLAND"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Richard III, King of England, 1732
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.