IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Richard III, King of England, 1732
Richard III, King of England
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 23 15/16 × 17 3/16 inches (60.8 × 43.7 cm), Sheet: 11 1/2 × 7 9/16 inches (29.2 × 19.2 cm), Image: 10 15/16 × 7 1/16 inches (27.8 × 17.9 cm)
Watermark: "J Whatman | 1842"
Lettered, lower left: "From an Antien Original Painting on Board at Kensington Palace."; lettered, lower right: "G. Vertue del. & Sculp."; lettered, upper center: "Richard ye III K. of ENGLAND"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.