King Henry VII and Elizabeth of York, Queen of England
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 24 × 17 1/4 inches (61 × 43.8 cm), Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 11 1/2 × 7 3/8 inches (29.2 × 18.7 cm), and Image: 10 7/8 × 7 inches (27.6 × 17.8 cm)
Watermark: "J Whatman | 1842"
Lettered, lower left: "from an antient Linning in the royal Collection"; lettered, lower center: "KING HENRY VII."; lettered, lower right: "Elizabeth of york | Q. . Vertue Inv. Sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, King Henry VII and Elizabeth of York, Queen of England
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.