- Near the Caravan Bridge, Smyrna
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 20 3/4 inches (35.6 x 52.7 cm)
Inscribed in brushed brown ink, lower left: "Near ye Caravan Bridge Smyrne"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "TLRX"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cemetery | landscape | stone | trees
- Associated Places:
- Smyrna | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William James Muller, 1812–1845, British, Near the Caravan Bridge, Smyrna, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.