James Northcote, Esqr. R. A.
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 9/16 x 15 9/16 inches (52.3 x 39.5 cm), Plate: 18 x 13 7/8 inches (45.7 x 35.2 cm), and Image: 15 1/8 x 12 3/16 inches (38.4 x 30.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H38 | [...]B"; on back, upper left: "et c/va/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "JAMES NORTHCOTE, Esqr. R. A. | From an Original Picture, Painted by Himself in the Possession of | T,, Lister Parker Esqr,, F,, A,, S,, | Published March 1, 1803, by G. Dawe No. 44, Wells Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower right: "Engraved by G,, Dawe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | cravat | drapery | man | nobility | portrait | self-portrait | stripes
- Associated People:
- Northcote, James (1746–1831), artist and author
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Dawe, 1781–1829, British, James Northcote, Esqr. R. A, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.