- First Part of King Henry the sixth: Keep, My Lord ... (Act II, Scene 5)
- Stipple engraving, etching, and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 18 3/8 inches (64.8 × 46.7 cm) and Image: 22 × 16 inches (55.9 × 40.6 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Keep. My lord, your loving nephew now is come. | Mort. Richard Plantagenet, my friend? is he come?"; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE. | Firft Part of | King Henry 6th. | ACT II. SCENE V. | Publifh'd Decr. 24, 1793, by John & Josiah Boydell, at the Shakfpeare Gallery Pall Mall, & No.90 Cheapfide."; lower right: "Plant. Ay, noble uncle, thus ignobly us'd, | Your nephew, late-despised Rochard, comes."; lower right: "Engrav'd by R. Thew. | Hiftl. Engr. to the P. of Wales."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cell | chains | costume | cross (object) | linen | literary theme | shackles
- Associated Places:
- Tower of London
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Thew, 1758–1802, British, First Part of King Henry the sixth: Keep, My Lord ... (Act II, Scene 5), 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.