First Part of King Henry the sixth: Keep, My Lord ... (Act II, Scene 5)
- Additional Title(s):
First Part of King Henry the 6th: Keep, My Lord ... (Act II, Scene 5)
- Stipple engraving, etching, and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 18 3/8 inches (64.8 × 46.7 cm), Image: 22 × 16 inches (55.9 × 40.6 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Keep. My lord, your loving nephew now is come. | Mort. Richard Plantagenet, my friend? is he come?"; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE. | Firft Part of | King Henry 6th. | ACT II. SCENE V. | Publifh'd Decr. 24, 1793, by John & Josiah Boydell, at the Shakfpeare Gallery Pall Mall, & No.90 Cheapfide."; lower right: "Plant. Ay, noble uncle, thus ignobly us'd, | Your nephew, late-despised Rochard, comes."; lower right: "Engrav'd by R. Thew. | Hiftl. Engr. to the P. of Wales."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cell | chains | costume | cross (object) | linen | literary theme | shackles
- Associated Places:
- Tower of London
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Thew, 1758–1802, British, First Part of King Henry the sixth: Keep, My Lord ... (Act II, Scene 5), 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.