Study for "On the Sands"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Perspective Geometry Sketch
- Black chalk and graphite on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 11 inches (22.5 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AoO | 6883"; lower left: "DLA 1476 V"; lower right: "7(18) | Return 112 B36"
Collector's mark: SFG
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | audience | ballet | boxes (audience spaces) | boxes (box seats) | boxes (theater spaces) | columns | curtain | perspective | proscenium | shape | stage | stage design | theater | theater design
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Spencer Frederick Gore, 1878–1914, British, Study for "On the Sands", 1910
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.