Study for "On the Sands"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Perspective Geometry Sketch
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk and graphite on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 11 inches (22.5 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AoO | 6883"; lower left: "DLA 1476 V"; lower right: "7(18) | Return 112 B36"
Collector's mark: SFG
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | audience | ballet | boxes (audience spaces) | boxes (box seats) | boxes (theater spaces) | columns | curtain | perspective | proscenium | shape | stage | stage design | theater | theater design
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Spencer Frederick Gore, 1878–1914, British, Study for "On the Sands", 1910
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.