- Etching and line engraving on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 1/16 inches (27.3 × 20.5 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 6 7/8 inches (22.5 × 17.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 6 7/8 inches (16.5 × 17.5 cm)
Lettering, lower center: "DUKES PLACE | The South & Principal Gate of the Ancient Monastery, or Priory of the Holy Trinity | Founded by Matilda Daughter to Malcolm King of Scotland wife to Henry | 1st was surrendered to King Henry VIII 1531, who gave it to Sir Thomas Audley Knt. | who built, dwelt & died, on the Priory 1544. It then came by Marriage of the Lord Audleys | Daughter & Heir unto Thomas Duke of Norfolk & was then called DUKES PLACE"; lower center: "Publish'd Jan.y 1 1793 by N.Smith No 18 Gt. Mays Buildings St. Martins Lane"; lower right: "See Pennants London 3 Edi.n"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.