- The South Entrance of Duke's Place
- Hand colored etching on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 11 inches (33.7 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 12 × 9 1/2 inches (30.5 × 24.1 cm), and Image: 10 7/8 × 9 1/4 inches (27.6 × 23.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "SACRED ARCHITECTURE | THE SOUTH ENTRANCE OF DUKE'S PLACE | PUBLISHED SEPTR. 15, 1816 BY J.T. SMITH NO.18 GT. MAY'S BUILDINGS, ST. MARTINS LANE"; lower left: "DRAWN AND ETCHED BY J.T. SMITH"; lower right: "DRAWN IN AUGUST 1790"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, The South Entrance of Duke's Place, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.