- William Aikman
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 x 5 1/2 inches (23 x 13.9 cm) and Image: 5 5/16 x 4 3/16 inches (13.5 x 10.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2/"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved by S. Freeman. | WILLIAM AIKMAN. | FROM A PAINTING BY HIMSELF IN THE POSSESSION OF MRS. FORBES EDIN.R | BLACKIE & SON GLASGOW EDINBURGH & LONDON"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cravat | gaze | mantle | painter | portrait | portrait painter | posing | solemn | wig
- Associated People:
- Aikman, William, of Cairnie (1682–1731), portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, William Aikman, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.