Sir William Allan
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 10 1/16 × 6 5/8 inches (25.6 × 16.8 cm) and 4 3/16 × 3 5/16 inches (10.6 × 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Painter 1782-1859"; lower right: "I Carce"; on bacl, lower right: "V | 25a"
Lettered, center right under image: "F Croll"; lower center: "William Allan | Portrait Gallery of Hoggs Instructor."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | buttons | coat | cravat | gaze | man | nose | old | painter | portrait | posing | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Allan, Sir William (1782–1850), painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Croll, baptized 1826–1854, British, Sir William Allan, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.