Sir William Allan
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 10 1/16 x 6 5/8 inches (25.6 x 16.8 cm) and Image: 4 3/16 x 3 5/16 inches (10.6 x 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Painter 1782-1859"; lower right: "I Carce"; on bacl, lower right: "V | 25a"
Lettered, center right under image: "F Croll"; lower center: "William Allan | Portrait Gallery of Hoggs Instructor."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | buttons | coat | cravat | gaze | man | nose | old | painter | portrait | posing | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Allan, Sir William (1782–1850), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Croll, baptized 1826–1854, British, Sir William Allan, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.