Headfort House: Moldings in the Hall
- Additional Title(s):
Mouldings for the Hall for the Earl of Bective
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black and brown ink, graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 x 12 15/16 inches (53.1 x 32.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Surbase"; upper right: "Architrave for Windows"; center left: "Base | Plinth"; center right: "Moulding for large Sunk Pannells on the sides of | the Hall"; lower left: "Mouldings for the Hall | for the Earl of Bective"; lower right: "Moulding for Circular Pannells on the sides of the Hall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architraves | capitals | caps (pedestal components) | cornices | friezes | hall | leaf-and-dart moldings | moldings | Neoclassical | plinths
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House: Moldings in the Hall, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.