Headfort House: Moldings in the Hall
- Additional Title(s):
Mouldings for the Hall for the Earl of Bective
- Pen and black and brown ink, graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 x 12 15/16 inches (53.1 x 32.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Surbase"; upper right: "Architrave for Windows"; center left: "Base | Plinth"; center right: "Moulding for large Sunk Pannells on the sides of | the Hall"; lower left: "Mouldings for the Hall | for the Earl of Bective"; lower right: "Moulding for Circular Pannells on the sides of the Hall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architraves | capitals | caps (pedestal components) | cornices | friezes | hall | leaf-and-dart moldings | moldings | Neoclassical | plinths
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House: Moldings in the Hall, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.