- Headfort House: Moldings in the Great Room
- Pen and black and brown ink, graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 x 12 5/8 inches (53.3 x 32 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Surbase"; upper right: "No. 10 | Architrave for Windows__"; center left: "Base"; center right: "Mouldings for the Great Room | at Lord Bective's"; lower left: "Plinth"; lower center: "Straining frame of Picture | Frame to be fixed | in the Wall to [...] | the Pictures [...]"; lower right: "Wood Stucco | Frame for Pictures over Doors | & small Pictures at each end"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | frames (furnishings) | friezes | Neoclassical | plinth
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House: Moldings in the Great Room, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.