Headfort House: Moldings in the Great Room
- Additional Title(s):
Mouldings for the Great Room at Lord Bective's
- Pen and black and brown ink, graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 x 12 5/8 inches (53.3 x 32 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Surbase"; upper right: "No. 10 | Architrave for Windows__"; center left: "Base"; center right: "Mouldings for the Great Room | at Lord Bective's"; lower left: "Plinth"; lower center: "Straining frame of Picture | Frame to be fixed | in the Wall to [...] | the Pictures [...]"; lower right: "Wood Stucco | Frame for Pictures over Doors | & small Pictures at each end"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | frames (furnishings) | friezes | Neoclassical | plinth
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House: Moldings in the Great Room, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.