- The Bank of England and Royal Exchange, Cornhill
- Engraving on smooth, moderately thick, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 16 1/2 inches (21.9 × 41.9 cm)
Inscribed, lower center: "THE BANK OF ENGLAND, & ROYAL EXCHANGE, CORNHILL, WITH KING WILLIAM STREET | LONDON IN 1840"; lower left: "Drawn by J.H. Nixon"; lower right: "Engraved by Henry Wells'; lower center: "Published by Roberts & Leets, Ltd London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Wallis, 1830–1916, British, The Bank of England and Royal Exchange, Cornhill, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.