Headfort House: Staircase Moldings
- Pen and black ink, graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 15/16 x 12 7/8 inches (53.2 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Moulding for the Center Pannels in the | upper part of the Staircase"; upper right: "Moulding for side Pannells & Pannells | over Doors & Windows"; center left: "Moulding for the Center Pannells in | the one pair Story of Staircase"; lower left: "Moulding for Large Pannell in bottom part | of Staircase"; lower right: "For the Earl of Bective"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | friezes | moldings | Neoclassical | staircase
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House: Staircase Moldings, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.