Reverend Hugh Blair, D.D.
- Part Of:
- Engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 15 1/4 × 11 15/16 inches (38.7 × 30.3 cm) and Image: 12 1/8 × 10 inches (30.8 × 25.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "THE REVEREND HUGH BLAIR, D.D. | From an original Picture in the Possession of Sir John Macpherson Bart | To whome this Plate is humbly Inscribed by his most obedient humble Servant | T. Becket"; lettered, lower left: "Raeburn Pinx."; lettered, lower right: F. Bartolozzi, R.A, Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | books | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend
- Associated People:
- Blair, Hugh (1718-1800), reverend
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Reverend Hugh Blair, D.D, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.