IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Reverend Hugh Blair, D.D, 1801
Reverend Hugh Blair, D.D.
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Stipple engraving and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 11 15/16 inches (38.7 × 30.3 cm), Image: 12 1/8 × 10 inches (30.8 × 25.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "THE REVEREND HUGH BLAIR, D.D. | From an original Picture in the Possession of Sir John Macpherson Bart | To whome this Plate is humbly Inscribed by his most obedient humble Servant | T. Becket"; lettered, lower left: "Raeburn Pinx."; lettered, lower right: F. Bartolozzi, R.A, Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | books | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend
- Associated People:
- Blair, Hugh (1718-1800), reverend
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.