IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Joseph Deane Bourke, 3rd Earl of Mayo, 1784
Joseph Deane Bourke, 3rd Earl of Mayo
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 9/16 × 15 11/16 inches (52.2 × 39.8 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 14 1/16 inches (50.5 × 35.7 cm), Image: 17 13/16 × 13 15/16 inches (45.2 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1.P.46"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds P.R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J R Smith Mezzotinto Engraver to HIs | Royal Highness the Prince of Wales"; lettered, lower center: "JOSEPH DEANE BOURKE D.D | Arch Bishop of Tuam | Primate and Metropolitan of the Privince of Conaught | In the KINGDOM of IRELAND. | London Pubd Nov. 29th 1784 by J R Smith No 83 Oxford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | column (architectural element) | earl | ink | man | papers | portrait | quill | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Bourke, Joseph Deane (c.1740-1794), 3rd Earl of Mayo
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.