- Joseph Deane Bourke, 3rd Earl of Mayo
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 9/16 × 15 11/16 inches (52.2 × 39.8 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 14 1/16 inches (50.5 × 35.7 cm), and Image: 17 13/16 × 13 15/16 inches (45.2 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1.P.46"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds P.R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J R Smith Mezzotinto Engraver to HIs | Royal Highness the Prince of Wales"; lettered, lower center: "JOSEPH DEANE BOURKE D.D | Arch Bishop of Tuam | Primate and Metropolitan of the Privince of Conaught | In the KINGDOM of IRELAND. | London Pubd Nov. 29th 1784 by J R Smith No 83 Oxford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | column (architectural element) | earl | ink | man | papers | portrait | quill | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Bourke, Joseph Deane (c.1740-1794), 3rd Earl of Mayo
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Joseph Deane Bourke, 3rd Earl of Mayo, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.