- Watercolor, gouache, with traces of graphite and black chalk on moderately thick, rough, cream, wove "Scotch" paper, mounted on, very thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 20 × 27 1/2 inches (50.8 × 69.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 16 1/4 × 23 1/4 inches (41.3 × 59.1 cm), and Sheet: 13 15/16 × 20 7/8 inches (35.4 × 53 cm)
Signed and dated in pen, with black ink, lower left: "David Cox.. 1855"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | coast | landscape | mountains | sheep
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.