- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Engraving on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 × 7 1/8 inches (30.5 × 18.1 cm), Image: 11 3/4 × 6 15/16 inches (29.8 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Vol. 1 P.53"
Lettered, lower center: "BUCER | La douceur fut mon caractere, | Et je crus que la verite | Qui porte dans les coeurs un attrait qui sait plaire. | Persuade ien mieux que la serverite"; lettered, lower left: "Adrn. vander Werff pinx."; lettered, lower right: "G. Valk Sculps."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curtain | frame (ornament area) | man | portrait | profile | religious and mythological subject | tassels
- Associated People:
- Bucer, Martin (1491–1551), pastor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.