- The Western Archway of Rotherhithe Tunnel
- Lithograph on slightly textured, moderately thick, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 16 5/16 × 11 1/2 inches (41.4 × 29.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "To Wm. Smith Esq.re M.P. F.A.L. F.R.S.F.L.S. &c &c | Chairman of the Court of Directors of the Tunnel, now in Progress under the River Thaes, at Rotherhithe; | This View of the Western Archways, as it will appear when completed, is by Permission, repectfully dedicated | by his most obedient humble Servant, | The Artist"; lower center: "Pub.d by B. Dixie 14 King St Covent Garden"; lower left: "B. Dixie, delin.t"; lower right: "Printed by C. Hullmandel"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, The Western Archway of Rotherhithe Tunnel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.