- The Alms House in Great St. Helens
- Engraving on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 10 1/2 inches (33.7 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 12 3/4 × 9 7/8 inches (32.4 × 25.1 cm), and Image: 9 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (25.1 × 24.8 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "The Elevation of the Alms-Hopuses endowed by St Andrew Judd K.t | Great St Helen's Bishopsgate within London"; lower center: "London: Published 1 January 1826, by Robert Wilkinson, No 125 Fenchurch Street"; lower left: "Schnebbelie del."; lower right: "Maddocks Sc."; lower center, plan labeled; lettered inside image, center: "THREE | ALMS-HOUSES | Were Founded by | St ANDREW JUDD K.ht | Citizen & Skinner | And LORD MAYOR | of London | ANNO DOM. 1551 | For Six Poor Men | of ye said Company | REBUILT | By ye said Comapny | ANNO DOM. 1729"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Maddocks, active 1825, The Alms House in Great St. Helens, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.