- Opening of Waterloo Bridge
- Mezzotint and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 11 3/4 inches (22.9 x 29.8 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 9 3/4 inches (17.5 x 24.8 cm), and Image: 5 3/8 x 8 3/4 inches (13.7 x 22.2 cm)
Lettered upper right: "17"; lower left: "Painted by John Constable, R.A."; lower center: "OPENING OF WATERLOO BRIDGE"; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Thames | United Kingdom | Waterloo Bridge | Whitehall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Opening of Waterloo Bridge, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.