Lady Sarah Bunbury, Pouring Libations to the Graces
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/8 × 16 1/16 inches (63.8 × 40.8 cm), Plate: 23 3/8 × 14 1/2 inches (59.4 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Lady Sarah Bunbury"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Sacrifice [...] graces [...] Lady Bunbury. [...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1 P.58"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | chair | cloud | crown | dish | drapery | embrace | flower (plant) | incense | leaf | offering | pitcher | portrait | pouring | religious and mythological subject | ritual | robe | sacrifice | servant | sitting | slipper | smoke | snake | standing | statue | tree | vase | woman
- Associated People:
- Lennox, Lady Sarah (1745–1826), British aristocrat
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Lady Sarah Bunbury, Pouring Libations to the Graces, 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.