IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Gilbert Burnet, Bishop of Salisbury, undated
Gilbert Burnet, Bishop of Salisbury
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 7 1/2 inches (23.7 × 19.1 cm), Image: 8 1/2 × 6 15/16 inches (21.6 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.2 P.61"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Burnett"; inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, upper right: "300"
Lettered, lower center: "The Right Reverend Father in God Gilbert Lord Bishop of Sarum & Chancellor of ye most Noble Order of ye Garter"; lettered, lower right: "Sold by J. Smith at ye Lyon & Crown in Russel Street Covent Garden-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | man | pendant | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet
- Associated People:
- Burnet, Gilbert (1643-1715), Bishop of Salisbury
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.