Gilbert Burnet, Bishop of Salisbury
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 9 5/16 × 7 1/2 inches (23.7 × 19.1 cm) and Image (oval shape): 8 1/2 × 6 15/16 inches (21.6 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.2 P.61"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Burnett"; inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, upper right: "300"
Lettered, lower center: "The Right Reverend Father in God Gilbert Lord Bishop of Sarum & Chancellor of ye most Noble Order of ye Garter"; lettered, lower right: "Sold by J. Smith at ye Lyon & Crown in Russel Street Covent Garden-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | man | pendant | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet
- Associated People:
- Burnet, Gilbert (1643-1715), Bishop of Salisbury
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Gilbert Burnet, Bishop of Salisbury, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.