Gilbert Burnet, Bishop of Salisbury
- Part Of:
- Engraving on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 5 7/16 × 3 1/8 inches (13.8 × 7.9 cm) and Image (oval shape): 3 9/16 × 3 inches (9 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "W10479"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "2..6"
Lettered lower center: "GILBERT BURNET. | Bishop of Salisbury and | Chancelour of the Garter. | Born 18. Septr.1643 Died 17 March 1715"; lettered, lowr right: "J. Houbraken sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | cloak | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | seal
- Associated People:
- Burnet, Gilbert (1643-1715), Bishop of Salisbury
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Jacobus Houbraken, 1698–1780, Dutch, Gilbert Burnet, Bishop of Salisbury, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.