IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Paul Angier, active 1749, French (active in London), A Perspective View of the Building for the Fireworks in the Green Park, Taken from the Reservoir, 1749
A Perspective View of the Building for the Fireworks in the Green Park, Taken from the Reservoir
- Etching and line engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 18 7/8 inches (31.4 x 47.9 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 17 5/8 inches (27.3 x 44.8 cm), Image: 9 x 17 1/8 inches (22.9 x 43.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "P. Brookes. del."; lower center: "A Perspective View of the Building for the Fireworks in the Green Park, | taken from the Reservoir. | Printed according to Act of Parliament, & Sold by P. Brookes facing Southampton Street in the Strand, & R, Sayer opposite Fetter Lane Fleet Street"; lower right: "P,, Angier sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | bag-wig | barriers | buildings | canes | capes (outerwear) | columns (architectural elements) | costume | dogs (animals) | event | fences | festoons | fireworks (explosive equipment) | friezes (entablature components) | gallery | genre subject | gesture | gowns | guards | hats | hills | horse (animal) | lampposts | landscape | men | nobility | park (grounds) | paths | pavilions (garden structures) | pelerines | perukes | pilasters | pointing | promenade (walkway) | rifle (long gun) | robes | shawls | staffs (walking sticks) | statues | steps | stripes | swords | trees | tricornes | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | Green Park | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.