- The Horse of Ostend
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 10 3/4 inches (21.2 x 27.3 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 7 1/2 inches (15 x 19 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 x 7 3/8 inches (14.6 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Horse of Ostend."; on back, lower left: "20 (circled)"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "Austin-21"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1921"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | blocks | bridle | buildings | carts | curtains | fence | genre subject | grass | harness | horses (animals) | labor | shops | stones | streets | windows | working
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Europe | Ostend | Vlaanderen | West-Vlaanderen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Horse of Ostend, 1921
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.