IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Portrait of the Artist, 1921
Portrait of the Artist
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of a Young Man
Portrait of Robert Sargent Austin
- Drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 x 10 11/16 inches (33 x 27.2 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (25 x 20.2 cm), Image: 9 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches (24.8 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "-Portrait of a young man- | 36316 MK - very few proofs."; on back, upper left: "28 (underlined)"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "-Robert S. Austin. 1921-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cap | coat | collar | fences | figure study | gaze | gloves | hills | houses | man | pen | plaids: tartan | portrait | posing | solemn
- Associated People:
- Austin, Robert Sargent (1895 - 1973), printmaker
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.