Early Spring, Gloucestershire
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 10 1/16 inches (22.9 x 25.5 cm), Plate: 7 x 7 9/16 inches (17.8 x 19.2 cm), and Image: 6 5/8 x 7 5/16 inches (16.8 x 18.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Early Spring - Gloucestershire."; on back, lower left: "6 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center inside image: "-AUSTIN-"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Robert Austin-"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | birds | boy | cart | children | chimneys | dog (animal) | ducks | farming | fences | fields | gardens | gates | genre subject | girls | harness | hills | horses (animals) | houses | labor | landscape | laundry | man | pastoral | planting | plants | pond | posts | roofs | rope | sheds | smoke | spring | stones | trees | villages | wall | wheels | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Gloucestershire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Early Spring, Gloucestershire, 1922
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.