Early Spring, Gloucestershire
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 9 x 10 1/16 inches (22.9 x 25.5 cm), 7 x 7 9/16 inches (17.8 x 19.2 cm), and 6 5/8 x 7 5/16 inches (16.8 x 18.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Early Spring - Gloucestershire."; on back, lower left: "6 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center inside image: "-AUSTIN-"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Robert Austin-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | birds | boy | cart | children | chimneys | dog (animal) | ducks | farming | fences | fields | gardens | gates | genre subject | girls | harness | hills | horses (animals) | houses | labor | landscape | laundry | man | pastoral | planting | plants | pond | posts | roofs | rope | sheds | smoke | spring | stones | trees | villages | wall | wheels | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Gloucestershire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Early Spring, Gloucestershire, 1922
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.