- Etching with gouache and graphite on thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 11 inches (38 x 27.9 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 x 7 inches (22.7 x 17.8 cm), Image: 8 3/4 x 6 7/8 inches (22.3 x 17.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left under image: "4th State - with additional suggestions -"; lower center: "Romance - very few proofs."; lower right: "CD 34 (crossed out) 33 IV | (Touched proof)."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "RobertAustin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | birds | book | bow (costume accessory) | boy | buildings | butterflies | buttons (fasteners) | cherubs | children | church | cups | dresses | fantasy | fauns | floating | flowers (plants) | flute | foliage | girls | hair | hat | hills | horns | mythology | nude | picnic | pipe | plates | religious and mythological subject | ribbons | romance | shoes | spire | thermos | trees | wings | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Romance, 1922
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.