The Bell, No.1 at Wareham, Dorest
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 5/8 inches (24.8 x 19.4 cm), Plate: 5 9/16 x 4 3/16 inches (14.1 x 10.7 cm), Image: 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches (13.6 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Bell. No 1. at Wareham, Dorset."; on back, lower left: "60 (circled)"
Lettered, upper center, inside image: "R.S.A"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin[...]."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bell | birds | boards | buildings | chimneys | nails | rafters | roofs | ropes | still life | windows
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | United Kingdom | Wareham
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Bell, No.1 at Wareham, Dorest, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.