The Cathedral, Palma
- Additional Title(s):
Almudaina. Cathedral of Palma. Majorca.
Cathedral of Palma de Mallorca
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 18 1/8 inches (28.7 x 46 cm), Plate: 8 1/16 x 13 9/16 inches (20.4 x 34.4 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 13 7/16 inches (20.1 x 34.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1700 The Cathedral, Palma"; lower right: "SE 1691"; on back, lower left: "37 (circled)"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "-AUSTIN-"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin-1928"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | balconies | balustrades | buildings | buttresses | camels | carts | cathedral | desert | fences | hats | horses (animals) | labor | landscape | men | palm trees | patios | plains | porch | sand | spires | stairs | towers (building divisions) | walking | walls | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Balearic Islands | Europe | Majorca | Palma de Mallorca | Spain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Cathedral, Palma, 1928
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.