- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 13/16 inches (37.5 x 27.4 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 x 8 11/16 inches (29.3 x 22 cm), Image: 10 11/16 x 7 7/8 inches (27.1 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Hero's WIdow #1. 1932."; on back, lower right: "16 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center: "R.S.A."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin 1932."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons (fasteners) | candle | cape | dress | earrings | figure study | genre subject | kerchief | medal | mourning | necklace | old | pilaster | praying | sadness | shoes | sitting | solemn | stones | thoughtful | veil | widow | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Hero's Widow, 1932
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.