Portrait of Sofonisba Angusciola Pittrice
- Additional Title(s):
- between 1761 and 1786
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 1/4 inches (36.9 x 26 cm), Plate: 14 1/16 x 9 15/16 inches (35.7 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 12 5/8 x 9 15/16 inches (32 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Stale"; lower right: "#2748 | £ 5"
Lettered, lower center: "SOFONISBA ANGUSCIOLA PITTRICE' | Di cui Van Dyk ebbe a dire, avere ricevuto pu Lume nella pittura da una | CIECA, che dal suo Maestro. _ vide Vasari."; lower right: "Ipsa pinxit | WB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Goodfriend in memory of Milton S. Goodfriend, M.D., transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | braids | collar | designs | dress | easel | gaze | lace | paintbrushes | painter | painting (visual work) | portrait | posing | self-portrait | woman | working
- Associated People:
- Anguisciola, Sofonisba (ca. 1535 - 1625), painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Baillie, 1723–1810, Irish, Portrait of Sofonisba Angusciola Pittrice, between 1761 and 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.